Are you a biology students or a student of a biology related course seeking grant for school to study your doctoral degree programs? Do you mind travelling to study in Germany? Then grab this scholarship offer provided by The University of Cologne and Leipzigwhich is currently offering two scholarship positions to international and domestic students who wish to commence their doctoral degree program in the year 2018/2019.
The University of Cologne is based in Germany. It is the sixth higher institution to be established in central Europe. At a point in its existence, it closed in 1798. In 1919, it re-opened again now becoming one of the largest tertiary institution in Germany with over 45,000 students enrolled in full-time and part-time degree programs at various levels.
The scholarship is open to students who desire to pursue their Doctoral degree program.
The Scholarship application deadline for this grant for school offered by The University of Cologneand Leipzig is 31st October 2017.
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions
This scholarship provided by The University of Cologneand Leipzig offers 65% of full-time employment and salary.
Scholarship Duration/ Period
This grant for school offered by The University of Cologneand Leipzig is limited to three years maximum.
Number of Awardees/ Scholarships
The institution is ready to award this scholarship to qualified applicants only. You could be the one if you throw in your best in this scholarship program provided by The University of Cologneand Leipzig.
International Students are qualified to apply for this Doctoral Scholarship provided by The University of Cologneand Leipzig, Germany.
Eligible Courses/ Fields
The following topics are open for this scholarship program:
- Taxon-Omics: New Approaches for Discovering and Naming Biodiversity and;
- Deep molecular characterization of eukaryotic microorganisms´ diversity and community composition in forest soils and the canopy region across biomes using a multiple barcoding approaches –micDiv
The following requirements must be met by interested applicants in order to be considered for this scholarship offered by The University of Cologneand Leipzig.
- Student who wish to apply for this scholarship program must possess an excellent qualification in Master’s in Biology.
- Applicants’ must also have great interest and good background inevolution, molecular biology, Filed Biology such as sampling and ecology as well as data analyses.
- Applicants must also be a team player with great communications and cooperation with other team members is a plus.
How to Applyfor This Scholarship Program
The following documents should be submitted when applying for this scholarship provided by the University of Cologneand Leipzig.
- Submit their Curriculum Vitae in Tabular form.
- A letter of recommendation (one).
- Research interest
- Cover letter
- Relevant experience and background.
- Present two referees and their formal addresses
- Copies of their Master’s and Bachelor’s certificates.
- Applicants should also indicate whether they are applying for the Cologne or Leipzig position.
Note:Applications will no longer be accepted by the scholarship providers after 31st October 2017.
Official Scholarship Link