An opportunity is currently open to students who are skilled and are from developing countries. This opportunity will let them pursue and earn their degree abroad. Up to 40 qualified applicants will be picked by the scholarship provders for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship (FES) which will be taken in Germany.
The scholarship is targeted towards students with disadvantaged background and are citizens of any developing countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
Applicants from developing countries located in the following places are invited to apply for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2018 – Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
Application for this student grant is done online via the scholarship’s official application portal.
The application deadline varies according to the course one is opting for.
All undergraduate degree, Polytechnic and post-doctoral degree program.
All undergraduate degree courses, Polytechnic courses and post-doctoral degree courses.
To be taken at
This scholarship program will be taken at Germany.
Eligible Applicant’s Countries
Only applicants from developing countries located in the following places are invited to apply for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2018 – Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
Number of Awardees
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2018 has 40 scholarship positions to be awarded to qualified applicants.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The following will be benefited by scholars of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2018:
- €650 monthly for basic degree program. On the other hand, €1,000 for graduate scholarship program.
- €276 will also be given for family allowance if scholars has dependents with them.
- Health care expenses will be covered by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship program.
- This student grant does not support online education.
Applicants’ Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Pay attention to the following:
- Applicants need to secure admission into a German University by the time of applying for this scholarship. Applicants wishing to pursue doctoral program should have a supervisor if they want this scholarship to be offered to them.
- Before a candidates applies for theFriedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship program, there is a need for them to be residing in Germany as at the time of their application for this scholarship.
- The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship award will not fund any academic visit/tour outside Germany. Candidates will be responsible of funding their academic visits outside Germany.
- The scholarship doesn’t fund one’s final phase of their academic studies.
- The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship does not support post-graduate degree courses in medicine.
How to Apply
- Applicants must demonstrate adequate command of the German language by providing relevant tests scores indicating their proficiency in the German language.
- Proof of previous educational scores/achievements. Applicants who wish to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree are exempted from submitting their previous academic achievements.
Official Scholarship Link
For more details on the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship program, kindly visit http://www.fes.de/studienfoerderung/information-in-english